Please see this page for my thoughts on setting a fee with you, and for an explanation of why I’m not in-network with any insurance companies.
I am an out-of-network provider: I provide my patients with statements suitable for submission to insurance companies for reimbursement, and many of my patients obtain partial or, in some cases, complete, reimbursement of the cost of their therapy with me.
You may find it helpful to learn the answers to the following questions from your insurance company:
– Do you have out-of-network mental health benefits?
– What is your mental health deductible?
– What proportion of your charges does your insurance company reimburse after you meet your deductible?
– Is there a “reasonable and customary” limitation on the fees credited against your deductible or used for the calculation of reimbursement?
– Do you have an “out-of-pocket maximum,” after which your insurance company reimburses 100% of their “reasonable and customary fee”? If so, what is that?